Thursday, February 23, 2012

A beginner blogger

It's been a goal of mine of quite awhile to start a blog, but I have never quite gotten around to it until now.  With the addition of child number two to our family and the life changes that inevitably follow, I decided now is as good a time as any to start.  I'm finding myself fairly home bound these days with the combination of a newborn in respiratory season and a tantrum-throwing two year old.  There's not a lot of things worth leaving the house for.  Mostly just the obvious, running out of food or diapers.  Therefore, why not blog, right?  Here are a few pictures to recap our last two months and the fun experience of becoming a family of four!   
Here's our sweet new little Ella and Steve and I after a night of no sleep.
Jack is such a good big brother.  It's a lot for a two year old brain to process.
. . . and then we landed back in the hospital with very high bilirubin levels a few days before Christmas.
Ella Corlett Crawford.  Ella after my Grandma Adella and Corlett after Steve's Grandma and Mom.


The sad reality of life when you're number 2 with a high maintenance big brother.  She has a really mellow, go-with-the-flow personality which is pretty much the only reason I'm still sane right now :)
2 months old and growing sooo fast!
Nothing better then clean kids.  Love these kiddos!

6 comments:

  1. Love the first post! What a gorgeous family. Where have you been on Tuesday nights for basketball? No pressure. I tested blogging December 2010 as a way to journal / scrapbook. I do 1 post per month. Eventually I hope to do more but 12 for the year is more than last so I'm happy to achieve that goal. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marg. Yeah that's why I want to blog. I'm so bad at journaling. I have been a lame basketball player this year! I started working right after it started and I feel too guilty going since I'm already leaving Steve along one night a week with the kids while I'm at work. Next year for sure!!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your sweet baby girl! I'm so excited to stay in touch with you via blog. Hope you are getting some rest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! Do you have a blog? I'm still trying to figure out how it all works.

      Delete
  3. Yay! I'm excited to keep up with your blog!!! We seriously need to hang out sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't find how to comment on your blog so I hope this works! What CUTE pictures! Sorry we didn't get to stop by the other day! I don't know how thrilled you would have been to have us show up on your doorstep at 9 am anyway :) You are doing such a good job with those 2!

      Delete