Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Naptime transition

I'd be lying if I said the past 4 months with Jack have been smooth sailing.  With kids it's seems like as soon as you've got a good thing going something changes that throws you back to square one.  Our almost 3-year-old has been such a good napper/sleeper since he was a year old, but lately that has changed.  He started getting up for the day at 5 am and was obviously not tired anymore.  I knew the problem, but didn't want to admit it.  My little boy is growing up and no longer needs a 2 hour nap every afternoon (a very sad day for mom).  So our new schedule is mostly not having one.  Some days he naps and some days he doesn't.  This has made for some long days for mom and obviously the little guy too.  Every now and then he finds unusual locations to catch a power nap.  But really, have you ever seen such an adorable sleeping face?  Jack is so funny right now and has me laughing constantly.  He is on his way to being bilingual thanks to "Dora" and always catches me off guard by casually throwing some Spanish into his vocabulary.  Anything that he needs to draw attention to in the downward direction he does so by saying abajo, abajo.  It makes me laugh every time.  I love how he can put his sentences together so well now and communicate in such a fun way.  The other day I was getting him some ketchup to go with his lunch and the bottle was almost empty.  I shook it and squeezed it and mostly air came out.  Jack's response was, "Mom, I like the sound that the ketchup bottle makes."  He's already developing little boy playground humor. He is my little buddy and is such good company.  He can clean the house like you wouldn't believe and loves to help me whenever possible.  Whenever we go to the grocery store as soon as we get settled with a cart he says, "what's on the list, Mom?"  One of the most rewarding experiences I've had thus far as a mom is seeing how much this little guy loves his little sister and vice versa.  He says "oh you little sweetheart" to her in pretty much the cutest voice I've ever heard.  To the casual reader, I apologize for this post and the fact that it doesn't contain any ground breaking event, but I want to remember the little things.  This is why I started blogging and am trying to stick with it.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha, the poor little guy! That is so cute! Good luck with the transitioning... These little everyday stories can sometimes be the best!

    ReplyDelete