Friday, August 10, 2012

Bear Lake with the Binghams

OK I'm going to see if I can write this post about last week's trip without feeling majorly depressed that it's over.  We had the best week up at Bear Lake with all the Binghams.
Yes everyone, and that adds up to 13 adults and 11 kids, with the kids ranging in age from 4 months to 8 years old.  It sounds a little crazy, and I'll admit sometimes it was, but it was SO much fun.  We had a fun filled week of swimming, boating, relaxing, Olympic-watching, volleyball playing, and of coarse, raspberry shake devouring. 
The kids all got along great (and by great I mean that all the disputes were eventually solved.  That doesn't mean that we didn't witness any wrestling matches.)  But really, these cousins love each other a ton and it was so fun for them to all be together.  These are just the rowdy boys.  There are also 5 cute girls that didn't make the bunk bed picture.  And it's also noteworthy that Jack fell off the top bunk about 2 minutes after this picture was taken and landed right on his side.  Good thing he is tough!  He only cried for a minute!
We rented a really fun wake setter boat that I wish belonged to me.  It was such a fun boat.  Steve tried his hand at wake surfing and although I didn't personally witness it, or get a picture, I heard that he was catching on nicely. 
I spent some time on the water, but Ella didn't love the life jacket, so we weren't as die hard as the boys.  Jack spend a lot of time on the boat.  His favorite part was driving with dad and going really fast.  It made him sleepy though, and a time or two he couldn't help himself and took a nap.  He jumped out into the water with me one time out in the middle of the lake, which I thought was pretty brave.  However, he did not want to try riding the tube one bit.  Really who can blame him though?  That's how whiplash happens. 
This is not Jack napping, just him being the annoying picture spoiler that he is these days.  What do you do?  Steve and I keep laughing about the fact that Jack now thinks that we own the boat. He keeps comparing it with other boats that we see.  Today we passed a huge boat and he said, "that boat is bigger than our boat."  Oh well, he'll figure it out sooner or later. 
This is me showing off my sweet wake boarding skills.  And by sweet, I mean that I could get up fine, but the minute I went out of the wake I would wipe out in a bad way.  What can I say, I've only done it a couple of times and to me it just feels so unnatural to be sideways.  I prefer skiing hands down, but Steve is quite the wake boarder.  I didn't get a picture because I was being a responsible mother on the shore with little Ella, but he did great.  I love the beautiful Bear Lake water.  Apparently the pretty blue color comes from limestone deposits in the water.  I just googled it.  Who knew? 
But now we're back to real life and dropping our spare change into a jar for our boat fund.  It can't hurt to dream!              

5 comments:

  1. How fun! Can we tag along next year? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures of the boys on top of the bunk bed! What great kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute pic of your adorable family! You all look very rockin in it! Even jack is smiling! Pretty big accomplishment ;) haha jk... but seriously it is such a good pic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! We were just at a reunion there on Tuesday and Wednesday. Maybe we passed you in the boat! Our extended family had rented a private beach/campground right on the lake. The water and boating were so awesome, the camping... let's just say we are NEVER going camping again. At least, not till our youngest child is 5. You have such a cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a blast! Glad ya'll had fun! When you get your boat, hopefully we'll get an invite. :)

    ReplyDelete