Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Gun Shooting Party

I haven't blogged for awhile and since life is about to get a whole lot busier with Christmas around the corner, I thought I would try to catch up.  We had a great Thanksgiving!  We went up to my parent's house in Honeyville.  I love that they still live where I grew up, and probably will forever.  While the boys were waiting for dinner they went down by the Bear River and did a little target shooting.  We told Jack a few days prior that we were going to do this on Thanksgiving, so every day after, he asked, "is today the gun shooting party?"  He loved it, and although he's a little young to shoot the guns, I'm glad that he was exposed to them and got a glimpse of how powerful they are.  Little boys are so curious, so I think it's better to show and teach him about guns then to just make them off limits.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not a member of the NRA or anything.  I actually don't really like guns, but my husband does.  So since we have a couple of them in our home, I figure we better talk about gun safety.
Jack even wore ear protection.  Stylish :)
I'm glad that I can now say that he has had exposure to guns other than watching Bonanza with Grandpa.
Even Tucker got to go.
The "Ranger" is probably his favorite part of going to the farm.  It is pretty fun to cruise around on.

No comments:

Post a Comment