Monday, September 9, 2013

Chalk Creek

This year with the Binghams we had a "stay"cation.  Ryan, Malya, and family were here visiting, and instead of going somewhere together, we did several smaller day activities.  It was a lot of fun, and some great cousin time.
We decided to go up to my Dad's families property, Chalk Creek, and camp for a couple of days. Camping is a lot of work with little kids, but so worth it.  My kids loved every second of it.  Setting up the tent, riding ATV's, the campfire, catching butterflies.
Grandpa said, "we could have stayed home and let the kids play in the ranger in the driveway"  It was their activity of choice a lot of the trip.
I was surprised by how well my kids slept.  They both slept the entire night without making a peep.  It was a huge success thanks to a lot of hard work by my parents.  Chalk Creek is so beautiful, and we were literally the only ones there.  It was fun to enjoy the quiet, and the serenity of such a beautiful place.  We will be going back for sure.
I saw more of Chalk Creek on the ranger this trip than I ever have before.  I love it up there.
Aunt Timari showed us how to make melty marshmallow, candy treats in an ice cream cone.  They were delicious!
Jack enjoying his treat! I love his dirt covered camping face.
Ella's first tent camping experience was a success!
We made it home with two exhausted, filthy children.  Jack took a shower and noticed that when he blew his nose black stuff came out.  He asked what it was and Steve told him it was bugs.  This made him start uncontrollably gagging, so Steve had to tell him it was actually just dirt.  We were all happy to get cleaned up and sleep in our own beds.

No comments:

Post a Comment