Thursday, October 17, 2013

Baby Love

This is a common occurrence at our home as of late.  Ella is obsessed with babies.  I had to grab the camera and take a quick shot of her in action.  She takes very good care of her babies.  She swaddles them, talks to them, and gives them lots of kisses.  When we're getting ready to go somewhere in the car she usually comes to me and asks, "baby come?".  She then grabs an armful of dolls and carries them to the car.  I love watching her nurturing side. 
Jack saw me take the picture of Ella and wanted me to take one of him holding dolls too.  This is a glimpse into the world of raising two children who are very different from each other.  They are at opposite ends of the spectrum in most areas, but they love each other like crazy.  It definitely makes parenting them a work in progress!  Jack is behind me playing right now and I just heard him say, "I have a force field."  He is such a boy!  I love how he talks right now.  He puts together some complex sentences that make me laugh.  I have been writing some down so I don't forget.  Here are a couple of examples.  The other night I was putting Ella to bed and reading her a book when Jack walked in.  He said, "sorry for disturbing your book, but do you know where my comfy (his blanket) is?"  Then the next day out of the blue he said, "I'm going to start wearing my hat backward like on rescue bots" (his favorite show).  He is and always has been such a talker! 

1 comment:

  1. I love it!!! The pictures alone say a thousand words!!! You are a good mother:)

    ReplyDelete