Sunday, September 2, 2012

Wicked/Fair Weekend

Last Saturday I had the chance to spend Saturday afternoon with my mom, sister, and 3 of 4 sisters-in-law.  My mom gave the girls tickets to see Wicked for our birthdays this year.  It was so fun to grab some lunch with them and head down town to the Capitol Theater for the production.  I hadn't seen it before and it was awesome.  I loved the storyline and the moral that things aren't always what they seem.  It was light and entertaining, and very well done.  Thanks girls for a fun day!
And if that wasn't enough to make it a long day, after I got home we decided to take a drive up to the Box Elder County Fair.  We like to go if we can every year and let the kids see the animals, and ride a couple of rides.  And of course, we had to get some cotton candy!
Jack called this the feather-duster chicken


She's not so sure about the pigs, and for good reason.  They were making some crazy snoring sounds.
As soon as we got to the fair Jack saw the ferris wheel and told us that he wanted to ride it.  He must have watched a show with a ferris wheel on it at some point because he knew what it was, and I have no idea how.  I thought that he would be scared, like start hysterically crying scared, but he did awesome!  Steve said he was a little nervous at the top, but he seemed to like it overall.  I'm glad that Steve was brave and took him on it.  There's something about those carnival rides that make me nervous.  Maybe it's the fact that you see them on the back of trucks cruising down the freeway, and then 24 hours later you're riding them.  I just worry that maybe a screw or something could have fallen off.  I guess I trusted it enough to pay a whopping $8 for my boys to ride, so I must not have been too concerned. 
This was the ride he really loved, though.  He legitimately thought he was driving!

This photo-op happened for exactly 0.2 seconds, so props to me, the photographer for getting a picture of him somewhat looking at the camera.  He is such a little picture avoider these days!
And lastly, here is my tiny 8 1/2 month old who is very hard to keep up with these days.  She's pulling herself up to everything, walking along furniture, climbing up entire flights of stairs, etc.  Good thing she is so cute, because right now she is wearing her mama out.  I think we hit a point and she switched places with her brother and is now my busy child.  The other day I had a moment that made me think she may need a little more supervision.  It was when I noticed something bright green in her diaper and realized that it was the plastic cover off of Steve's ear buds.  Yep, she ate it and pooped it out.  She is worse than our lab!  Well scratch that, I forgot that he recently ate a pair of gardening gloves.


1 comment:

  1. I love it!! Thanks for sharing your stories, they crack me up!! Looks like a fun time though!! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete