Thursday, September 20, 2012

Zoo Day/B-day party

Yesterday the weather was beautiful and my sister Heather and her little boy Brody were coming down for a visit, so we decided to take advantage of the weather and head to the Zoo.  We hadn't be there since the new Polar Bear/Seal/Grizzly Bear exhibit opened, and it did not disappoint.  We got to watch the Polar Bear dive into the water, pull fish out, and then eat them literally 2 feet in front of us through the glass.  It was almost too discovery channel for me, but Jack didn't seem to be bothered by it.  But then again, he and his Dad love watching those kinds of shows.  Steve usually appeases me and fast forwards through the animal violence.  Have you seen the movie African Cats?  My three year old sure has :) 
This was Ella's second visit to the zoo, and she found it every bit as boring as the first time.  She was a trooper and actually loved watching the elephants before she nodded off.  Sure love this little girl!
Jack held the map the entire time and helped us navigate through the zoo.  At the end I asked him if we missed anything, and he said yeah the zebras.  He was correct. 

We also got to go to our neighbors 2 year old birthday party and Jack loved it.  The pinata was a hit (literally haha) and he is still enjoying the candy from it.  One of the little girls at the party gave him a candy bar that she found in the pinata and he asked me, "mom is this chocolate."  I said yes and he took it out of his bag and threw it on the ground.  He has a thing with putting stickers on his face.  Whenever he gets hold of some, that's what he chooses to do.  I guess it's better then on my walls.
Ella found her present of choice, which was no surprise given her stuffed animal obsession.  I'm getting excited to shop for her birthday already.  And since it's nine days before Christmas, I feel completely justified in going overboard.  The left overs can always go under the tree.
She is such a little crumb snatcher.  She makes her way around the house and literally anything she finds on the floor, she eats.  This  incident was fairly benign, seeing as it was Jack's muffin crumbs, but that is not always the case.  No matter how much I vacuum and pick up she always seems to find something.  This morning while I was blow drying my hair she stood up and starting pulling toilet paper off the roll and eating it.  Sometimes I wonder if she's part goat. 







1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love the picture of Jack with the Map! So cute... looks like some fun times at the Crawford house!

    ReplyDelete