Monday, April 8, 2013

30 years OLD!

I recently had a landmark birthday!  Turning 30 wasn't as bad as I thought it might be.  I didn't wake up on my birthday morning with deep, grand canyon-like wrinkles in my forehead or anything.  It was actually a really nice day.  And, I look at my life and realize that I'm living a 30 year old lifestyle, so I might as well be 30.
Jack arranged the candles on the cake
My birthday fell on a Sunday, so after church we headed up to Honeyville to spend the afternoon with my family at my parent's house.  I know Steve appreciated my Mom making dinner AND a birthday cake which really let him off the hook.  He did spoil me though, and found someone to watch our kids the following week so we could take in some spring skiing together.  It was the perfect birthday get away.
Ella loves birthday cake!
I sure hope that my 30's don't pass as quickly as my 20's did.  It can't be 10 years ago that I was a young, single, brand new nurse moving to Salt Lake City.  Something tells me though that they will.  Especially since my two kids keep me busier now than I've ever been before. 
Ella and Aunt Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment