Thursday, March 1, 2012

Leap Day

Leap day only comes every 4 years, and we decided to celebrate by braving the weather at "free zoo day".  It was cold, but not unbearable, and Jack absolutely loved it.  He's always liked the zoo but this time around with the combination of him being a little bit older and some quality cousin, aunt, and grandma time, it was a hit.  The animals were quite active and put on a good show.  Especially the baby elephant and the tigers.  I'm glad the likelihood of me encountering a tiger in the wild is extremely low because they quite honestly scare me.  The only fall out from zoo day is that last night Jack woke up screaming from a bad dream that I'm pretty sure was about the "hairy spider" (tarantula) he won't stop talking about.
Jace and Jack in the giraffe barn (which doesn't smell as bad when it provides a much needed chance to warm up).
Jack, Dallas, and Jace on the elephant's trunk.  Jace has always has the funniest facial expressions.
Ella didn't make a peep the whole time!  Or maybe she did and I just didn't hear her under the 10 blankets!

1 comment:

  1. Fun! I love the zoo, but perhaps not enough to brave it in the winter!

    ReplyDelete