Monday, January 28, 2013

Christmas at the Crawfords

My cute kids in their Christmas Sunday best.

We were going to be late for 9 o'clock church so we opted out of a group shot.

Love those cute faces!
That afternoon we had a surprise visitor show up at our door.  We were so lucky to have Santa come visit us at our house.  He must have known that Jack has a slack mom and that I have not once taken my 3 1/2 year old to see Santa.  Last year Steve took him, but I was at home with my brand new baby so I missed it.  I was so glad to get to see Jack with Santa.  He absolutely loved it and was not scared one bit!
He's a multi-talented Santa and also made Jack a Rudolph balloon animal.
Waiting for Christmas is hard to do.  We made a tootsie roll count down calendar to try and cut down on the "is it Christmas today" questions.

Christmas morning was so much fun!  The kids slept until 8:30 which was wonderful.  They were so excited and loved the things Santa brought for them.  Ella knew something fun was going on, but couldn't quite figure out what it was.  In typical 1 year old style, she played with the boxes more than anything else.
For Jack it was a long anticipated event.  He loved unwrapping and opened almost every present.  Yes, even if it wasn't for him.  He got a castle with a dragon that he has loved.  He also got a laptop, gloves, a telling time book, underwear, a book of "why".  Ella got a teddy bear, a learning house, a cute lambie, a new toothbrush, and a sippy cup.


1 comment:

  1. We had a castle like that growing up! I remember playing with it for hours! (I usually would play with my barbies on it- my brothers had more manly knights and dragons!) How fun!

    ReplyDelete